Ormskirk School are looking to appoint a Catering Assistant to assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages in all service areas of our school. As part of a committed team, led by our catering manager, you will contribute to the smooth operations of our catering service for all our students and staff.
We are looking for someone who is able to:
- Demonstrate successful experience of food preparation
- Show effective knowledge of basic food hygiene
- Display successful experience of customer care
- Show positive experience of working as both part of a team and independently
They will be expected to:
- To prepare the dining area of service, and associated cleaning as required
- To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages as directed by the Catering Manager
- To serve food according to the style and type of operation defined by the school
In return we can offer you:
- A supportive and encouraging team of dedicated staff
- A fantastic Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free on-site parking
- A modern, well-resourced school environment
- A commitment to the wellbeing of staff including 24/7 access to employee wellbeing package
- Term time only employment which supports long holidays
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 12:00pm – 2:30pm. This position is part time, permanent and term time only.
To apply for this vacancy, please download and complete our support staff application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to safeguarding, we cannot accept CVs.
Applications should be submitted by 9am on Friday 24th November 2023
Interviews are to be held on Wednesday 29th November 2023
If you require any further information about this role please contact our Central HR Team at email@example.com or on 01772 817904
Candidates should ensure that they and their referees are easily contactable, with the correct phone number and email address and able to reply promptly if references are requested.
Endeavour Learning Trust reserves the right to close the recruitment process earlier than advertised should it received a high volume of applications for this vacancy. Therefore, it is advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for this role with Endeavour Learning Trust.
Due to the high volume of applications received by Endeavour Learning Trust we are unable to provide individual feedback on applications.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Endeavour Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and individually take responsibility for doing so.